1. How should I choose a device for my application?
Wlink series products are industrial grade and professional, please consult Wlink sales or local distributor for the proposal.
2. How can I know what network frequency band in my country?
You may consult local carrier, or check from
4G: http:// https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks.
3. What dial-up type WLINK router supports?
WLINK Router supports PPP and NDIS for 4G/3G connection.
Normally, PPP is suitable for 3G/2G network. NDIS is suitable for 4G network to achieve faster download and upload speed.
4. Why can’t my router obtain a IP from 4G/3G?
In the situation, please check if:
1) SIM card is available or not?.
2) have configured the correct APN in the Cellular GUI?
3) the 4G/3G antenna is well connected?
5. Why can’t my router surf internet after dialed up successfully?
1) Please check whether router mode is set as gateway mode in the routing GUI.
2) Check if DNS is available in Local Connection of PC.
6. How to check 4G/3G connection available?
Implement ping command to check whether 4G/3G connection is available.
7. What is 4G MIMO in WLINK router?
MIMO (multiple-input and multiple-output) is a method for multiplying the capacity of a cellular link using multiple transmit and receive antennas to exploit multipath propagation. 4G MIMO antenna is used for providing better signal performance and and higher data rates.
8. What is Serial App feature in Router?
If enable serial App feature in WLINK Router, router will transfer serial port data to IP date and transmit data to defined IP and port via TCP/UDP protocol.
9. How to Reset Wlink router?
Press and hold RST button for 5~8 seconds, then release it. The router will automatically reboot and reset to default factory, no need to restart router by manually.
10. What is the difference between D80 Serial to IP modem and M100/M300 modem ?
Serial to IP modem is built-in PPP and TCP/IP stack which can automatically dial up 4G/3G and establish TCP/UDP connection to defined server.
While the regular modem needs to be implement AT command to dial up 4G/3G and send message.
11. What is difference between Failover and Backup mode?
WLINK Dual SIM Router supports two operation modes. One is Fail Over Mode for SIM card mutual backup. Once SIM card is failed, it will switch to the SIM2 and work on SIM2. Once SIM2 is failed, it will switch back to SIM1.
The other mode is Backup Mode. SIM1 is the primary SIM. Once SIM1 is failed, it will switch to SIM2 and work on SIM2 within the defined time. Once the time is up, it will switch back to SIM1.
12. Why can’t access to M2M platform UI after installed?
1) Check whether Apache and routerserver is started up in the service of Administration Tool.
2) Check whether the default port 80 is available or not. If the port 80 is used for other application, please change other port for M2M application.